Dallas Braden had a short, but memorable Major-League career.
The left-hander, who was born in Phoenix, famously got in a verbal confrontation with Alex Rodriguez of the New York Yankees in 2010. A-Rod walked across the pitcher’s mound after being retired — a no-no in some versions of baseball’s unwritten rules.
Less than a month later, on Mothers’ Day, Braden pitched the 19th perfect game in big league history, blanking the Tampa Bay Rays 4-0.
We’re not going to say the ESPN baseball analyst topped that accomplishment Monday, but he did add to his already impressive resume by making this catch in the pool at Chase Field before the D-backs-Cardinals game.
Just look at how Braden stretches then completely submerges under the water. And he didn’t lose his hat! Impressive.
- D-backs’ Hazen, Hall to appear on 98.7 FM’s ‘Hot Stove Summit’
- Rosenthal: Cubs in pursuit of D-backs free agent Daniel Descalso
- Two Arizona sports venues rank well in ESPN cleanliness study
- D-backs select RHP Nick Green of Yankees in Rule 5 Draft
- Cubs’ Maddon on Goldschmidt trade: ‘I don’t like the Diamondbacks’