Dodge, dip, dive, duck and dodge.
Those are the five essentials to playing the game of dodgeball.
Miami Heat superstar and three-time NBA champion Dwyane Wade seems to have those skills down pat.
Wade decided to play some dodgeball while out at Stance Socks headquarters, the official sock of the NBA on Tuesday.
Wade comes out firing and promptly nails a guy by showing off an impressive arm. More impressively is the fact that Wade immediately retreated back into a ready position, showing off his high dodgeball IQ.
Seeing skills like that leaves us to believe that Wade was coached up by the legendary Patches O’Houlihan, one of the premiere coaches in the sport with a training regime that includes dodging wrenches.
As O’Houlihan says, “if you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.”
Something Wade has no problem of doing.
- Dudley ‘would be shocked’ if Suns don’t have roster overhaul
- With NCAA Tournament on deck, Sean Miller talks about a lot, but not all
- A single decision seven years ago altered career path of Suns’ Devin Booker
- Shaquille Harrison puts defense first with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns to recognize 2000s teams, players in latest ‘Decade Night’