The NFL suspended Arizona Cardinals right tackle Bobby Massie for two games without pay Saturday for violating the league’s substances abuse policy.
Massie will be eligible to return Sept. 21 following the Cardinals’ Sept. 20 game against the Chicago Bears.
Massie was arrested in January on suspicion of driving under the influence. The suspension will not count toward the Cardinals’ 53-man roster as the team is expected to announce cuts later Saturday.
The 26-year-old Massie was a fourth-round pick of the Cardinals in 2012 out of Ole Miss. He started all 16 games as a rookie and then again last season.
- Report: Cardinals restricted free agent Xavier Williams visits with Chiefs
- Justin Pugh had to leave unlikely friendship to sign with Cardinals
- New Cardinals OL Justin Pugh talks college, Pat Tillman, West Coast
- Former Cardinals QB Matt Barkley signs with Bengals
- Free agent CB EJ Gaines visiting Arizona Cardinals