The NFL suspended Arizona Cardinals right tackle Bobby Massie for two games without pay Saturday for violating the league’s substances abuse policy.
Massie will be eligible to return Sept. 21 following the Cardinals’ Sept. 20 game against the Chicago Bears.
Massie was arrested in January on suspicion of driving under the influence. The suspension will not count toward the Cardinals’ 53-man roster as the team is expected to announce cuts later Saturday.
The 26-year-old Massie was a fourth-round pick of the Cardinals in 2012 out of Ole Miss. He started all 16 games as a rookie and then again last season.
- Texans celebrate touchdown by running a relay race
- Budda Baker’s ridiculous forced fumble sets up Cardinals score
- Arizona Sports insiders live feed: Cardinals at Texans
- Drew Stanton active as the Arizona Cardinals’ backup QB at Houston
- Blaine Gabbert has an opportunity to quiet the naysayers in Houston