Former Arizona Cardinals QB Logan Thomas was claimed off waivers by the Miami Dolphins according to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.
The former fourth-round pick battled for the third string quarterback job with Phillip Sims in the preseason. Thomas and Sims were both cut on Saturday to make room for the recently acquired Matt Barkley.
Thomas was 1-for-9 in two games in 2014. He played well in the final preseason game against the Denver Broncos, completing 9-of-10 passes for 116 yards and a touchdown.
The Cardinals did not make a waiver claim.
- 2017 Cardinals Karlos Dansby, Blaine Gabbert make free agent visits
- Chiefs sign DT Xavier Williams after Cardinals decline to match
- Report: Cardinals, others propose limit on early NFL start times
- Mathieu ready to take next step after Cardinals, Peterson
- Is there anything left on the WR free agent market for the Cardinals?