Former Arizona Cardinals QB Logan Thomas was claimed off waivers by the Miami Dolphins according to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.
The former fourth-round pick battled for the third string quarterback job with Phillip Sims in the preseason. Thomas and Sims were both cut on Saturday to make room for the recently acquired Matt Barkley.
Thomas was 1-for-9 in two games in 2014. He played well in the final preseason game against the Denver Broncos, completing 9-of-10 passes for 116 yards and a touchdown.
The Cardinals did not make a waiver claim.
- Vikings’ loss was like a cruel déjà vu for Cardinals fans
- Reports: Cardinals want interviews with Patriots’ Flores, Eagles’ DeFilippo
- NFL head coaching job tracker: Titans hire Mike Vrabel to replace Mularkey
- Armstrong, Wilks complete second interviews as Cards’ search rolls on
- Arians endorses Bettcher, Armstrong for Cardinals’ head coaching job