Former Arizona Cardinals QB Logan Thomas was claimed off waivers by the Miami Dolphins according to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.
The former fourth-round pick battled for the third string quarterback job with Phillip Sims in the preseason. Thomas and Sims were both cut on Saturday to make room for the recently acquired Matt Barkley.
Thomas was 1-for-9 in two games in 2014. He played well in the final preseason game against the Denver Broncos, completing 9-of-10 passes for 116 yards and a touchdown.
The Cardinals did not make a waiver claim.
- Arizona Sports Fantasy Host League: Week 3 preview
- Dealing Cards: Bucannon working his way back; Nelson on injury report
- Week 3 NFL Injury Report: Dallas Cowboys at Arizona Cardinals
- Doug and Wolf’s 2017 NFL Power Poll rankings – Week 3
- Behind Enemy Lines: Arizona Cardinals open home slate against Cowboys