Former Arizona Cardinals QB Logan Thomas was claimed off waivers by the Miami Dolphins according to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.
The former fourth-round pick battled for the third string quarterback job with Phillip Sims in the preseason. Thomas and Sims were both cut on Saturday to make room for the recently acquired Matt Barkley.
Thomas was 1-for-9 in two games in 2014. He played well in the final preseason game against the Denver Broncos, completing 9-of-10 passes for 116 yards and a touchdown.
The Cardinals did not make a waiver claim.
- David Johnson, Josh Rosen highlight ESPN’s NFL 2021 predictions
- USA Today: Cardinals not expected to contend for playoffs in 2018-19
- Arizona Cardinals rank No. 41 in Forbes’ 2018 most valuable franchises
- Keim’s absence comes as Cardinals talk complicated Johnson extension
- Cardinals suspend GM Steve Keim for five weeks after he pleads guilty to DUI