Former Arizona Cardinals QB Logan Thomas was claimed off waivers by the Miami Dolphins according to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.
The former fourth-round pick battled for the third string quarterback job with Phillip Sims in the preseason. Thomas and Sims were both cut on Saturday to make room for the recently acquired Matt Barkley.
Thomas was 1-for-9 in two games in 2014. He played well in the final preseason game against the Denver Broncos, completing 9-of-10 passes for 116 yards and a touchdown.
The Cardinals did not make a waiver claim.
- Dealing Cards: Fitzgerald retirement talk put on hold, ‘where’s Clowney?’
- Week 11 injury report: Arizona Cardinals at Houston Texans
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Gabbert seen as ‘starter-in-waiting’
- Blaine Gabbert officially named starter for Arizona Cardinals on Sunday
- Behind Enemy Lines: Texans host Cardinals in midst of three-game skid