Fans of video games and the Phoenix Suns have reason to rejoice this offseason, as sports video game publisher 2KSports announced Thursday two new playable classic teams that will be featured in the next iteration of their NBA 2K franchise.
Along with the 2005-06 NBA World Champion Miami Heat, NBA 2K16 will allow users to play with the 2004-05 Phoenix Suns; a team that won the Pacific Division and reached the Western Conference Finals in 2005 before being ousted 4-1 in their series versus the San Antonio Spurs. That team notably featured league MVP Steve Nash, as well as a rising star at power forward in Amar’e Stoudemire.
The game is scheduled for release on September 29 and will be available on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One platforms.
- Report: Former Phoenix Sun Alex Len signs with Hawks
- Devin Booker, other young Suns react to Jared Dudley trade
- For perhaps the final time, Jared Dudley is moving on from Phoenix
- Phoenix Suns trade for Philadelphia forward/center Richaun Holmes
- Suns to fully guarantee Davon Reed, plan to keep Shaquille Harrison