A baseball tradition that was first started in 1910 by President William Howard Taft, took on a whole new twist Monday when a cat threw out the ceremonial first pitch before the Arizona Diamondbacks’ game with the San Francisco Giants.
The internet sensation feline known as “Grumpy Cat” posed for pictures with D-backs manager Chip Hale and other members of the organization.
While the cat may not have found much fun out of the game, D-backs fans were happy to see the offensive outburst out of the team and the 6-1 win.
- D-backs’ Ray has command issues in short outing against Angels
- Minor league teams take on new identities to celebrate diversity
- D-backs option Sherfy, Hazelbaker and Walker; release Bastardo
- D-backs’ pitchers get shelled in loss to the White Sox
- Zack Greinke won’t start for Diamondbacks on Opening Day