A baseball tradition that was first started in 1910 by President William Howard Taft, took on a whole new twist Monday when a cat threw out the ceremonial first pitch before the Arizona Diamondbacks’ game with the San Francisco Giants.
The internet sensation feline known as “Grumpy Cat” posed for pictures with D-backs manager Chip Hale and other members of the organization.
While the cat may not have found much fun out of the game, D-backs fans were happy to see the offensive outburst out of the team and the 6-1 win.
- ESPN: Yasmany Tomas has the D-backs’ worst contract
- ESPN’s Olney: Red Sox offered Martinez deal in range of $100 million
- D-backs avoid arbitration with 9 players including Ray, Lamb, Pollock
- D-backs reach agreement with Brad Boxberger, avoid arbitration
- D-backs agree to one-year deal with Corbin, avoid arbitration