A baseball tradition that was first started in 1910 by President William Howard Taft, took on a whole new twist Monday when a cat threw out the ceremonial first pitch before the Arizona Diamondbacks’ game with the San Francisco Giants.
The internet sensation feline known as “Grumpy Cat” posed for pictures with D-backs manager Chip Hale and other members of the organization.
While the cat may not have found much fun out of the game, D-backs fans were happy to see the offensive outburst out of the team and the 6-1 win.
- The 5: Most thrilling debut seasons in Valley sports history
- D-backs’ Goldschmidt finishes third in NL MVP voting, Marlins’ Stanton wins
- J.D. Martinez’s agent keeps making hilarious metaphors
- D-backs’ Greinke finishes fourth in NL Cy Young voting, Ray seventh
- NL MVP: How D-backs’ Goldschmidt stacks up against other two finalists