The Arizona State Sun Devils, who began the season as the nation’s No. 15 and No. 16 ranked team, respectively, according to the Associated Press and Amway Coaches Poll, fell all the way out of the Week 2 rankings in both polls following their 38-17 loss to then unranked Texas A&M at NRG Stadium in Houston. While season is far from over, the convincing defeat is a far cry from where many saw the Sun Devils beginning the year.
In the Coaches Poll, Arizona State officially resides in the “Others Receiving Votes” category, receiving 66 Top 25 votes, second only to Mississippi State (97) as it pertains to teams on the periphery looking to crack the Top 25 rankings.
In the AP rankings, the Sun Devils fare slightly worse, receiving just 49 Top 25 votes, placing them behind Wisconsin (79), BYU (74) and Northwestern (72).
Head coach Todd Graham and his team will make their 2015 home debut when they take on Cal Poly at Sun Devil Stadium this Saturday.
- Arizona State basketball slips to No. 21 in AP Poll; UA jumps to 11th
- No. 16 Arizona State pulls away late, defeats struggling Cal
- Arizona records eight blocks during the first half against Stanford
- ASU’s Bobby Hurley on slumping Tra Holder: ‘He kind of gets a pass’
- No. 16 Arizona State drops to 2-4 in Pac-12 play after loss to Stanford