The 2015 season isn’t over yet, but that doesn’t mean MLB teams are not looking ahead to next year.
The league released the 2016 schedule Tuesday, and it shows the Arizona Diamondbacks will open the season at home against the Colorado Rockies on April 4. That series will be followed by a four-game set against the Chicago Cubs, also at Chase Field.
Other notable series are home matchups with the New York Yankees, Houston Astros, Tampa Bay Rays and Toronto Blue Jays along with road tilts with the Astros, Blue Jays, Boston Red Sox and Baltimore Orioles.
The Diamondbacks, who will play 24 of their final 31 regular season games against NL West foes, will finish their regular season in the same place they started it with a three-game home series against the San Diego Padres.
For the complete schedule, check out www.dbacks.com.
- The 5: Most thrilling debut seasons in Valley sports history
- D-backs’ Goldschmidt finishes third in NL MVP voting, Marlins’ Stanton wins
- J.D. Martinez’s agent keeps making hilarious metaphors
- D-backs’ Greinke finishes fourth in NL Cy Young voting, Ray seventh
- NL MVP: How D-backs’ Goldschmidt stacks up against other two finalists