The 2015 season isn’t over yet, but that doesn’t mean MLB teams are not looking ahead to next year.
The league released the 2016 schedule Tuesday, and it shows the Arizona Diamondbacks will open the season at home against the Colorado Rockies on April 4. That series will be followed by a four-game set against the Chicago Cubs, also at Chase Field.
Other notable series are home matchups with the New York Yankees, Houston Astros, Tampa Bay Rays and Toronto Blue Jays along with road tilts with the Astros, Blue Jays, Boston Red Sox and Baltimore Orioles.
The Diamondbacks, who will play 24 of their final 31 regular season games against NL West foes, will finish their regular season in the same place they started it with a three-game home series against the San Diego Padres.
For the complete schedule, check out www.dbacks.com.
- D-backs’ Duplantier makes two lists of 2018’s top 100 MLB prospects
- Former D-backs pitcher Gordon part of ‘Dream Series’ outreach showcase
- ESPN: Yasmany Tomas has the D-backs’ worst contract
- ESPN’s Olney: Red Sox offered Martinez deal in range of $100 million
- D-backs avoid arbitration with 9 players including Ray, Lamb, Pollock