The Arizona Coyotes have traded defenseman Brandon Gormley to the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for defenseman Stefan Elliot, the team announced Wednesday night.
Elliot appeared in five games with the Avalanche and 64 games with Lake Erie, totaling 19 goals and 21 assists for Colorado’s AHL affiliate last season. The 24-year-old has totaled (six goals, 12 assists) 18 points in 63 career NHL games over the course of four seasons.
He was the 49th overall pick in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft by the Avalanche.
In addition, it is being reported that the team has tentatively agreed to an extension with Elliot.
Gormley was the Coyotes first round pick (13th overall) in 2010, playing in 32 career NHL games with the team and totaling just two goals and two assists, both of which came last season.
- Arizona Coyotes officially agree to terms with four players
- Coyotes use cap space to acquire Hinostroza, Hossa contract via ‘Hawks
- Coyotes acquire Hinostroza in multi-piece trade with Blackhawks
- Coyotes’ Ekman-Larsson donates $125K to Boys and Girls Club
- Coyotes sign first-round pick Barrett Hayton to three-year deal