The Arizona Coyotes have traded defenseman Brandon Gormley to the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for defenseman Stefan Elliot, the team announced Wednesday night.
Elliot appeared in five games with the Avalanche and 64 games with Lake Erie, totaling 19 goals and 21 assists for Colorado’s AHL affiliate last season. The 24-year-old has totaled (six goals, 12 assists) 18 points in 63 career NHL games over the course of four seasons.
He was the 49th overall pick in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft by the Avalanche.
In addition, it is being reported that the team has tentatively agreed to an extension with Elliot.
Gormley was the Coyotes first round pick (13th overall) in 2010, playing in 32 career NHL games with the team and totaling just two goals and two assists, both of which came last season.
- Coyotes start off strong against the Blues, snap losing streak
- Coyotes catch fire in first period against Blues, score four goals
- Late no-call sinks Arizona Coyotes’ hopes in Nashville
- Coyotes surrender lead late, fall in shootout to Predators
- Succession plan: Fischer could be Coyotes’ next great power forward