The Arizona Coyotes have traded defenseman Brandon Gormley to the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for defenseman Stefan Elliot, the team announced Wednesday night.
Elliot appeared in five games with the Avalanche and 64 games with Lake Erie, totaling 19 goals and 21 assists for Colorado’s AHL affiliate last season. The 24-year-old has totaled (six goals, 12 assists) 18 points in 63 career NHL games over the course of four seasons.
He was the 49th overall pick in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft by the Avalanche.
In addition, it is being reported that the team has tentatively agreed to an extension with Elliot.
Gormley was the Coyotes first round pick (13th overall) in 2010, playing in 32 career NHL games with the team and totaling just two goals and two assists, both of which came last season.
- Clayton Keller breaks Coyotes rookie points record in win over Sabres
- Battle for the bottom: Coyotes, Sabres vying with others for best lottery odds
- Coyotes ink goalie Merrick Madsen to entry-level contract
- Arizona Coyotes to recall Dylan Strome; Jason Demers done for season
- Trivia Tuesday: Top American-born goal scorers in NHL history