Arizona Cardinals tight end Ifeyani Momah suffered a torn meniscus and will undergo surgery on Thursday, according to a report from Mike Garafolo of SportsNet New York.
Momah suffered the injury at practice on Tuesday and did not practice with the team on Wednesday. He is listed as the starting tight end, along with Darren Fells on the Cardinals depth chart.
The other two tight ends on the roster, Troy Niklas and Jermaine Gresham, have both been dealing with injuries on their own, though each practice today with Gresham being limited.
If Momah is out for an extended time the Cardinals could bring in another tight end, with Mike Jurecki of Fox Sports reporting that former Detroit Lions tight end Joseph Fauria already visited the team earlier Wednesday.
- David Johnson, Josh Rosen highlight ESPN’s NFL 2021 predictions
- USA Today: Cardinals not expected to contend for playoffs in 2018-19
- Arizona Cardinals rank No. 41 in Forbes’ 2018 most valuable franchises
- Keim’s absence comes as Cardinals talk complicated Johnson extension
- Cardinals suspend GM Steve Keim for five weeks after he pleads guilty to DUI