Arizona Cardinals tight end Ifeyani Momah suffered a torn meniscus and will undergo surgery on Thursday, according to a report from Mike Garafolo of SportsNet New York.
Momah suffered the injury at practice on Tuesday and did not practice with the team on Wednesday. He is listed as the starting tight end, along with Darren Fells on the Cardinals depth chart.
The other two tight ends on the roster, Troy Niklas and Jermaine Gresham, have both been dealing with injuries on their own, though each practice today with Gresham being limited.
If Momah is out for an extended time the Cardinals could bring in another tight end, with Mike Jurecki of Fox Sports reporting that former Detroit Lions tight end Joseph Fauria already visited the team earlier Wednesday.
- Arizona Cardinals hire ‘a great leader’ in Steve Wilks
- Keim: Wilks’ defensive pedigree won’t deter development, success of QBs
- The 5: Biggest questions facing Cardinals coach Steve Wilks, answered
- Cardinals staff turnover already taking shape under coach Steve Wilks
- Arizona Cardinals new head coach Steve Wilks’ resume: By the numbers