Arizona Cardinals tight end Ifeyani Momah suffered a torn meniscus and will undergo surgery on Thursday, according to a report from Mike Garafolo of SportsNet New York.
Momah suffered the injury at practice on Tuesday and did not practice with the team on Wednesday. He is listed as the starting tight end, along with Darren Fells on the Cardinals depth chart.
The other two tight ends on the roster, Troy Niklas and Jermaine Gresham, have both been dealing with injuries on their own, though each practice today with Gresham being limited.
If Momah is out for an extended time the Cardinals could bring in another tight end, with Mike Jurecki of Fox Sports reporting that former Detroit Lions tight end Joseph Fauria already visited the team earlier Wednesday.
- Cardinals release RB Andre Ellington, add Bronson Hill to practice squad
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: ‘Hard to describe’ reason for Cards’ WR drops
- Arians: Cardinals’ Blaine Gabbert will continue to start at QB
- Taking it back: Arians no longer regrets fourth down call vs. Texans
- Keim Time: Three positives, little else for Cardinals in loss to Texans