We all know Arizona Cardinals defensive back Tyrann Mathieu to be a player and a personality that is anything but understated or reclusive, as his exciting style of play and interaction and engagement with fans and media members on social media make him one of the league’s top attention getters.
However, quantifying Mathieu’s reputation and the impact of his personality has been difficult to gauge — until now.
According to MVPIndex, a website that tracks, collects and stores data on social media trends involving athletes, the former LSU product ranks among the top three in the NFL in terms of social media reach.
Mathieu and the Cardinals make their regular season debut Sunday afternoon when they take on the New Orleans Saints at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale.
- Cardinals OC Goodwin: Gabbert, Seals-Jones have a lot of upside
- Week 12 injury report: Arizona Cardinals vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
- Arizona sports teams, athletes offer Thanksgiving well wishes
- The 5: Things to be thankful for as an Arizona sports fan in 2017
- Dealing Cards: IR returns look unlikely, Gabbert reviews his NFL journey