Let it go man.
That’s advice that can be given to a fan that attended the Los Angeles Dodgers and Colorado Rockies game on Monday night.
During the top of the fifth inning, Tom Murphy of the Rockies hit a fly ball into the stands down the first base line. Dodgers first baseman Adrian Gonzalez had a play on the ball and reached into the stands to make the catch.
Seemed routine enough.
The only problem was there was a guy that wanted to make that catch as badly as Gonzalez did.
After Gonzalez clearly makes the catch, the fan in a Boston Red Sox hat attempts to wrestle the ball out of his glove.
He goes after it for a couple of seconds before realizing that he was not wrestling a fellow fan for the ball, but rather the Dodgers $154 million first baseman.
The look on the fan’s face is a priceless one when he realized his mistake in judgement.
On the bright side, he should make a few highlight shows, so at least he has some fame at the expense of his own embarrassment.
- Change of scenery: Transfers find challenges followed by opportunity at ASU
- Is this the year both ASU, Arizona miss out on baseball postseason?
- Steven Souza mic’d up against Nationals, takes advantage of situation
- D-backs’ bullpen roughed up in loss to Dodgers
- Diamondbacks utility man Daniel Descalso is literally clutch