Let it go man.
That’s advice that can be given to a fan that attended the Los Angeles Dodgers and Colorado Rockies game on Monday night.
During the top of the fifth inning, Tom Murphy of the Rockies hit a fly ball into the stands down the first base line. Dodgers first baseman Adrian Gonzalez had a play on the ball and reached into the stands to make the catch.
Seemed routine enough.
The only problem was there was a guy that wanted to make that catch as badly as Gonzalez did.
After Gonzalez clearly makes the catch, the fan in a Boston Red Sox hat attempts to wrestle the ball out of his glove.
He goes after it for a couple of seconds before realizing that he was not wrestling a fellow fan for the ball, but rather the Dodgers $154 million first baseman.
The look on the fan’s face is a priceless one when he realized his mistake in judgement.
On the bright side, he should make a few highlight shows, so at least he has some fame at the expense of his own embarrassment.
- New York fan scores first points of the Knicks season
- Ketel Marte misses cycle as D-backs are outdueled by Dodgers
- Diamondbacks swept by Rockies, eliminated from playoff hunt Sunday
- After strong start to 2018, D-backs fail to reach postseason
- With Cardinals’ win over Giants, D-backs knocked out of NL Wild Card race