Let it go man.
That’s advice that can be given to a fan that attended the Los Angeles Dodgers and Colorado Rockies game on Monday night.
During the top of the fifth inning, Tom Murphy of the Rockies hit a fly ball into the stands down the first base line. Dodgers first baseman Adrian Gonzalez had a play on the ball and reached into the stands to make the catch.
Seemed routine enough.
The only problem was there was a guy that wanted to make that catch as badly as Gonzalez did.
After Gonzalez clearly makes the catch, the fan in a Boston Red Sox hat attempts to wrestle the ball out of his glove.
He goes after it for a couple of seconds before realizing that he was not wrestling a fellow fan for the ball, but rather the Dodgers $154 million first baseman.
The look on the fan’s face is a priceless one when he realized his mistake in judgement.
On the bright side, he should make a few highlight shows, so at least he has some fame at the expense of his own embarrassment.
- Journey of D-backs’ Takahashi shows value of being multilingual
- D-backs’ Torey Lovullo plays ‘Baseball Feud’ at MLB Winter Meetings
- ESPN’s Law: D-backs could get 4 prospects for Goldschmidt
- A strange MLB season comes to a close as decisions loom for D-backs
- Red Sox beat Dodgers 5-1 in Game 5 to win World Series title