The Arizona Cardinals promoted running back Kerwynn Williams from the practice squad to the active roster Saturday and released tight end Joseph Fauria.
5-foot-eight, 198-pound Williams played in five December games for the Cards last season and recorded 246 rushing yards on 53 carries for a 4.6 yard average. He’s been playing on the Cardinals practice squad since September 5 when he was cut from the active roster.
Fauria played the past two seasons and the 2015 preseason with the Detroit Lions and did not play last week for the Cardinals in their game against the New Orleans Saints. He has 24 receptions and 287 yards for his career.
- Mel Kiper’s first 2018 NFL mock draft has Cardinals taking DB
- Report: Panthers’ Steve Wilks will have second interview with Cardinals
- Rapoport: Falcons’ Armstrong to interview with Cardinals on Friday
- Munchak: Timing not right to pursue Cardinals’ coaching job
- A look at the NFL’s top free agent and trade targets at QB