The Arizona Cardinals promoted running back Kerwynn Williams from the practice squad to the active roster Saturday and released tight end Joseph Fauria.
5-foot-eight, 198-pound Williams played in five December games for the Cards last season and recorded 246 rushing yards on 53 carries for a 4.6 yard average. He’s been playing on the Cardinals practice squad since September 5 when he was cut from the active roster.
Fauria played the past two seasons and the 2015 preseason with the Detroit Lions and did not play last week for the Cardinals in their game against the New Orleans Saints. He has 24 receptions and 287 yards for his career.
- Keim Time: Cardinals to look at free agents, roster options in Week 4
- Cardinals GM Steve Keim: Offensive line play ‘was unacceptable’
- How the NFC West Was Won — Week 3: Exciting win pushes Rams back to top
- It’s hard to believe the Cardinals’ problems are fixable
- Birdseed: Kicking, offensive line hurt Cardinals in loss to Cowboys