Friday night, Arizona Diamondbacks All-Star outfielder A.J. Pollock had what was arguably the greatest play of the season for the D-backs when he robbed Jarrett Parker and the San Francisco Giants of a run.
Giants outfielder, Juan Perez said “I can do that too,” and pulled off this no-look grab in almost the same spot against, of course, A.J. Pollock.
While Pollock’s leap looked straight out of the New York City Ballet, Perez’ catch was much more Cirque Du Soleil, as he twisted around and spun on to one knee into the warning track before throwing to second to stop the advancing run.
The Diamondbacks didn’t need that potential run from Pollock, though — They were able to put six runs on the Giants at AT&T Park.
- Bullpen comes up short for D-backs in loss to Rockies
- Goldschmidt shows off baserunning skills in fourth inning against Rockies
- Eight-year-old throws first pitch at D-backs’ game using 3-D-printed hand
- Paul Goldschmidt: Intimidating, friendly, the guy you want at the plate
- Rockies light up Archie Bradley in game-changing inning of D-backs’ loss