Friday night, Arizona Diamondbacks All-Star outfielder A.J. Pollock had what was arguably the greatest play of the season for the D-backs when he robbed Jarrett Parker and the San Francisco Giants of a run.
Giants outfielder, Juan Perez said “I can do that too,” and pulled off this no-look grab in almost the same spot against, of course, A.J. Pollock.
While Pollock’s leap looked straight out of the New York City Ballet, Perez’ catch was much more Cirque Du Soleil, as he twisted around and spun on to one knee into the warning track before throwing to second to stop the advancing run.
The Diamondbacks didn’t need that potential run from Pollock, though — They were able to put six runs on the Giants at AT&T Park.
- Arizona sports teams, athletes offer Thanksgiving well wishes
- The 5: Things to be thankful for as an Arizona sports fan in 2017
- Diamondbacks add left-hander Jared Miller to 40-man roster
- D-backs, MLB teams release New Era 2018 spring training hats
- The 5: Most thrilling debut seasons in Valley sports history