SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Patrick Corbin pitched seven sharp innings and helped his own cause with an RBI single, and the Arizona Diamondbacks beat the San Francisco Giants 6-0 on Saturday.
Ender Inciarte had three hits and two RBIs, while David Peralta and A.J. Pollock added three hits apiece for Arizona. The Diamondbacks have won four of their last five games against the defending World Series champs and five straight at AT&T Park.
Corbin (6-4) ended his own skid in San Francisco after going winless in four previous starts at the ballpark. The Arizona left-hander gave up five hits, struck out five and retired 16 of the final 18 batters he faced.
David Hernandez and Josh Collmenter combined for the final six outs to complete the Diamondbacks’ second consecutive shutout in this series between the two division rivals.
Mike Leake (10-9) took the loss for San Francisco, which began the day 8 1/2 games behind the Dodgers in the NL West.
Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- MLB.com: D-backs prospect Duplantier sees stock rise after superb 2017
- Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder David Peralta out of Tuesday’s lineup
- Cool it: From slushy ice to high utility bills, sports in desert can be costly
- Trivia Tuesday: D-backs who have won NL Player of the Week
- Diamondbacks drop series opener to Padres in San Diego