SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Patrick Corbin pitched seven sharp innings and helped his own cause with an RBI single, and the Arizona Diamondbacks beat the San Francisco Giants 6-0 on Saturday.
Ender Inciarte had three hits and two RBIs, while David Peralta and A.J. Pollock added three hits apiece for Arizona. The Diamondbacks have won four of their last five games against the defending World Series champs and five straight at AT&T Park.
Corbin (6-4) ended his own skid in San Francisco after going winless in four previous starts at the ballpark. The Arizona left-hander gave up five hits, struck out five and retired 16 of the final 18 batters he faced.
David Hernandez and Josh Collmenter combined for the final six outs to complete the Diamondbacks’ second consecutive shutout in this series between the two division rivals.
Mike Leake (10-9) took the loss for San Francisco, which began the day 8 1/2 games behind the Dodgers in the NL West.
Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- D-backs’ Duplantier makes two lists of 2018’s top 100 MLB prospects
- ESPN: Yasmany Tomas has the D-backs’ worst contract
- ESPN’s Olney: Red Sox offered Martinez deal in range of $100 million
- D-backs avoid arbitration with 9 players including Ray, Lamb, Pollock
- D-backs reach agreement with Brad Boxberger, avoid arbitration