Arizona climbed four spots to No. 16 overall in the new AP poll on Sunday.
Arizona had a school record win against NAU. A 77-13 rout included five touchdowns from quarterback Anu Solomon and two more touchdowns from his backup Jerrard Randall.
The Wildcats scored 63 straight points after they led 14-13 in the second quarter.
Arizona’s opponent next week, UCLA, come in at No. 9 after a comeback victory against No. 22 BYU. ESPN’s College Gameday will be in Tucson and the game will be on ABC.
Other Pac-12 teams ranked include No. 13 Oregon, No. 18 Utah, No. 19 USC and No. 21 Stanford.
- NL Wild Card tracker: D-backs fight for playoff positioning
- Dawkins’ six touchdowns lead Arizona past UTEP
- Back to School: A brief Q & A with Arizona Coyotes center Derek Stepan
- Report: Colts to start Jacoby Brissett at QB vs. Cardinals
- Tupac? Bette Midler? Valley high school pregame football music runs gamut