The Arizona Coyotes announced on Sunday that they reduced their training camp roster by seven players.
Defenseman Kyle Capobianco, right wingers Conor Garland and Nick Merkley and goaltender Adin Hill were sent back to their respective junior teams.
Merkley, the Coyotes second first round pick (30th overall) in this year’s draft, suffered a collarbone injury at the beginning of camp which ended his training camp with the team.
Arizona also released three players, right winger Joey Crabb, left winger Maxwell James and center Austyn Playfair, from their professional or amateur tryout agreement.
The Coyotes now have 56 players remaining in training camp.
- The 5: Things to be thankful for as an Arizona sports fan in 2017
- Another Antti Raanta injury clouds Coyotes’ immediate future
- Arizona Coyotes break short winning streak with loss to Sharks
- GM Chayka sees promising signs from Coyotes in November
- ‘Yotes Notes: Coyotes return home riding 3-game winning streak