The Arizona Coyotes announced on Sunday that they reduced their training camp roster by seven players.
Defenseman Kyle Capobianco, right wingers Conor Garland and Nick Merkley and goaltender Adin Hill were sent back to their respective junior teams.
Merkley, the Coyotes second first round pick (30th overall) in this year’s draft, suffered a collarbone injury at the beginning of camp which ended his training camp with the team.
Arizona also released three players, right winger Joey Crabb, left winger Maxwell James and center Austyn Playfair, from their professional or amateur tryout agreement.
The Coyotes now have 56 players remaining in training camp.
- Coyotes run point streak to five games with win over Islanders
- Nick Cousins, like his teammates, seems to have turned a page
- Blue Jackets trade John Ramage to Coyotes for future considerations
- Coyotes start off strong against the Blues, snap losing streak
- Coyotes catch fire in first period against Blues, score four goals