The Arizona Coyotes announced on Sunday that they reduced their training camp roster by seven players.
Defenseman Kyle Capobianco, right wingers Conor Garland and Nick Merkley and goaltender Adin Hill were sent back to their respective junior teams.
Merkley, the Coyotes second first round pick (30th overall) in this year’s draft, suffered a collarbone injury at the beginning of camp which ended his training camp with the team.
Arizona also released three players, right winger Joey Crabb, left winger Maxwell James and center Austyn Playfair, from their professional or amateur tryout agreement.
The Coyotes now have 56 players remaining in training camp.
- Arizona Coyotes officially agree to terms with four players
- Coyotes use cap space to acquire Hinostroza, Hossa contract via ‘Hawks
- Coyotes acquire Hinostroza in multi-piece trade with Blackhawks
- Coyotes’ Ekman-Larsson donates $125K to Boys and Girls Club
- Coyotes sign first-round pick Barrett Hayton to three-year deal