The Arizona Coyotes announced on Sunday that they reduced their training camp roster by seven players.
Defenseman Kyle Capobianco, right wingers Conor Garland and Nick Merkley and goaltender Adin Hill were sent back to their respective junior teams.
Merkley, the Coyotes second first round pick (30th overall) in this year’s draft, suffered a collarbone injury at the beginning of camp which ended his training camp with the team.
Arizona also released three players, right winger Joey Crabb, left winger Maxwell James and center Austyn Playfair, from their professional or amateur tryout agreement.
The Coyotes now have 56 players remaining in training camp.
- Ekman-Larsson becomes 6th Swedish D-man to reach 100 goals
- Arizona Coyotes finish homestand with win over Mike Smith, Flames
- Coyotes honor former G Mike Smith with tribute video
- Coyotes announce coach Rick Tocchet will miss Monday game vs. Flames
- Former Coyote Mike Smith enjoying playoff push with Calgary Flames