Arizona State fans may have something to cheer about.
During his Monday press conference, Todd Graham told reporters he is hopeful that running back Kalen Ballage will play in the Sun Devils’ Pac-12 conference opener against USC on Saturday.
Ballage sat out the Sun Devils first three games after coming down with an illness before the season opener against Texas A&M in Houston.
The sophomore was anticipated to play a large role for the Sun Devils as one of ASU’s primary running backs. He had also earned reps in practice on special teams and on defense at Devil-backer.
Moving forward, Ballage is unlikely to be used on defense because of conditioning concerns.
If Ballage does return this week, the Sun Devils will still be at less than full strength against the Trojans. Graham added that starting wide receiver Devin Lucien is doubtful to play against USC.
Lucien injured his left leg in Friday’s win against New Mexico.
- ASU receiver John Humphrey out for year with Achilles injury
- Former ASU lineman Stephen Berg passes away at 34
- ASU outfielder Gage Canning named Pac-12 Player of the Week
- ASU football coach Herm Edwards, Blue Angels team up for wild ride
- The End of Guard U: ASU’s seniors go out with loss to Syracuse