Arizona State fans may have something to cheer about.
During his Monday press conference, Todd Graham told reporters he is hopeful that running back Kalen Ballage will play in the Sun Devils’ Pac-12 conference opener against USC on Saturday.
Ballage sat out the Sun Devils first three games after coming down with an illness before the season opener against Texas A&M in Houston.
The sophomore was anticipated to play a large role for the Sun Devils as one of ASU’s primary running backs. He had also earned reps in practice on special teams and on defense at Devil-backer.
Moving forward, Ballage is unlikely to be used on defense because of conditioning concerns.
If Ballage does return this week, the Sun Devils will still be at less than full strength against the Trojans. Graham added that starting wide receiver Devin Lucien is doubtful to play against USC.
Lucien injured his left leg in Friday’s win against New Mexico.
- Thoughts on Arizona State’s surprising victory over Oregon
- Sun Devils save season with upset of No. 24 Oregon
- Fork Report: ASU upsets No. 24 Oregon behind Wilkins, Harry
- Week 3 NFL Injury Report: Dallas Cowboys at Arizona Cardinals
- Wildcats fall short of fourth-quarter comeback in loss to No. 23 Utah