Life on the fringe of an NFL roster can be a tenuous thing, just ask now former Arizona Cardinals running back Kerwynn Williams. Days after being promoted from the Cardinals practice squad in the lead up to Sunday’s game in Chicago, Williams was cut by the team Tuesday as it makes room for offensive lineman Bobby Massie, who makes his return after serving a two-game suspension for violating the league’s substance abuse policy.
With the move, the Cardinals now have 10 offensive linemen on the 53-man roster.
That wasn’t the only move the Cards would make Tuesday, however. The team also released offensive lineman Anthony Steen and tight end Brandon Bostick from the practice squad, making room for running back Mike Gillislee, who was recently with the Miami Dolphins.
- USA Today: Cardinals not expected to contend for playoffs in 2018-19
- Arizona Cardinals rank No. 41 in Forbes’ 2018 most valuable franchises
- Keim’s absence comes as Cardinals talk complicated Johnson extension
- Cardinals suspend GM Steve Keim for five weeks after he pleads guilty to DUI
- Cardinals need a lot to go right to rise in ESPN’s future power rankings