Life on the fringe of an NFL roster can be a tenuous thing, just ask now former Arizona Cardinals running back Kerwynn Williams. Days after being promoted from the Cardinals practice squad in the lead up to Sunday’s game in Chicago, Williams was cut by the team Tuesday as it makes room for offensive lineman Bobby Massie, who makes his return after serving a two-game suspension for violating the league’s substance abuse policy.
With the move, the Cardinals now have 10 offensive linemen on the 53-man roster.
That wasn’t the only move the Cards would make Tuesday, however. The team also released offensive lineman Anthony Steen and tight end Brandon Bostick from the practice squad, making room for running back Mike Gillislee, who was recently with the Miami Dolphins.
- NFL head coaching job tracker: Titans hire Mike Vrabel to replace Mularkey
- Armstrong, Wilks complete second interviews as Cards’ search rolls on
- Arians endorses Bettcher, Armstrong for Cardinals’ head coaching job
- PFF: Budda Baker a top performer among 2017 second rounders
- Browns to hire former Cardinals special teams coach Amos Jones