Life on the fringe of an NFL roster can be a tenuous thing, just ask now former Arizona Cardinals running back Kerwynn Williams. Days after being promoted from the Cardinals practice squad in the lead up to Sunday’s game in Chicago, Williams was cut by the team Tuesday as it makes room for offensive lineman Bobby Massie, who makes his return after serving a two-game suspension for violating the league’s substance abuse policy.
With the move, the Cardinals now have 10 offensive linemen on the 53-man roster.
That wasn’t the only move the Cards would make Tuesday, however. The team also released offensive lineman Anthony Steen and tight end Brandon Bostick from the practice squad, making room for running back Mike Gillislee, who was recently with the Miami Dolphins.
- Cardinals’ top leaders attend QB Sam Darnold’s pro day
- 2017 Cardinals Karlos Dansby, Blaine Gabbert make free agent visits
- Chiefs sign DT Xavier Williams after Cardinals decline to match
- Report: Cardinals, others propose limit on early NFL start times
- Mathieu ready to take next step after Cardinals, Peterson