Life on the fringe of an NFL roster can be a tenuous thing, just ask now former Arizona Cardinals running back Kerwynn Williams. Days after being promoted from the Cardinals practice squad in the lead up to Sunday’s game in Chicago, Williams was cut by the team Tuesday as it makes room for offensive lineman Bobby Massie, who makes his return after serving a two-game suspension for violating the league’s substance abuse policy.
With the move, the Cardinals now have 10 offensive linemen on the 53-man roster.
That wasn’t the only move the Cards would make Tuesday, however. The team also released offensive lineman Anthony Steen and tight end Brandon Bostick from the practice squad, making room for running back Mike Gillislee, who was recently with the Miami Dolphins.
- Behind Enemy Lines: Cardinals host Calais Campbell, first place Jaguars
- Cardinals OC Goodwin: Gabbert, Seals-Jones have a lot of upside
- Week 12 injury report: Arizona Cardinals vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
- Arizona sports teams, athletes offer Thanksgiving well wishes
- The 5: Things to be thankful for as an Arizona sports fan in 2017