Despite late-night West Coast start times, the Arizona Diamondbacks are doing their best of late to make sure they’re getting some attention on the highlight shows.
On Tuesday night in a game against the Los Angeles Dodgers, shortstop Nick Ahmed made an absolutely beautiful play on a ground ball hit by Alex Guerrero and turned it to Chris Owings at second to get out Chris Heisey in equally insane fashion.
The trouble here is Ahmed ended up having to leave the game later in the inning with back issue, shaking his head during a meeting at the mound.
Here’s hoping a “jammed lower back” doesn’t turn into a more serious diagnosis and Ahmed is back for more #SCtop10 this season.
- Arizona coach Sean Miller denies candidacy for Pittsburgh job opening
- D-backs’ Robbie Ray throws strong outing with Opening Day a possibility
- D-backs uncertain about Zack Greinke’s status for Opening Day
- Diamondbacks ace Zack Greinke leaves with tightness in right groin
- With NCAA Tournament on deck, Sean Miller talks about a lot, but not all