Despite late-night West Coast start times, the Arizona Diamondbacks are doing their best of late to make sure they’re getting some attention on the highlight shows.
On Tuesday night in a game against the Los Angeles Dodgers, shortstop Nick Ahmed made an absolutely beautiful play on a ground ball hit by Alex Guerrero and turned it to Chris Owings at second to get out Chris Heisey in equally insane fashion.
The trouble here is Ahmed ended up having to leave the game later in the inning with back issue, shaking his head during a meeting at the mound.
Here’s hoping a “jammed lower back” doesn’t turn into a more serious diagnosis and Ahmed is back for more #SCtop10 this season.
- Pinnacle basketball star Niccolo Mannion reclassifies to 2019
- Absolute power: Strikeout trend continues as homers become priority
- For the D-backs, Manny Machado to the Dodgers is no big deal
- NL West at All-Star break: Machado swings division in Dodgers’ favor
- D-backs Farm Rumblings: Christian Walker heating up in Reno