Despite late-night West Coast start times, the Arizona Diamondbacks are doing their best of late to make sure they’re getting some attention on the highlight shows.
On Tuesday night in a game against the Los Angeles Dodgers, shortstop Nick Ahmed made an absolutely beautiful play on a ground ball hit by Alex Guerrero and turned it to Chris Owings at second to get out Chris Heisey in equally insane fashion.
The trouble here is Ahmed ended up having to leave the game later in the inning with back issue, shaking his head during a meeting at the mound.
Here’s hoping a “jammed lower back” doesn’t turn into a more serious diagnosis and Ahmed is back for more #SCtop10 this season.
- College bowl predictions: Arizona eyes Sun, ASU could land in Vegas
- Justin Herbert returns as Oregon takes down Arizona
- Trier scores 28, No. 3 Arizona rolls past CSU Bakersfield
- J.D. Martinez’s agent keeps making hilarious metaphors
- Never thinking he would be ‘good enough,’ Lovullo named Manager of Year