Alex Stalock stopped 25 shots in the Sharks’ 3-1 victory over the Arizona Coyotes, who fell Friday in their third preseason game.
Coyotes center Antoine Vermette scored a power-play goal for Arizona in the second period — Max Domi and Connor Murphy earned assists on the play.
Joe Pavelski and Joonas Donskoi had power-play goals for the Sharks, and Brenden Dillon also scored. Joe Thornton and Dylan DeMelo each had two assists.
Anders Lindback and Louis Domingue split time in goal for the Coyotes. Lindback saved 17 of 19 shots on goal while Domingue saved 19 of 21.
Despite the San Jose win, the teams played a three-on-three overtime period, where the Sharks’ Marc-Edouard Vlasic added a fourth goal for San Jose.
- Battle for the bottom: Coyotes, Sabres vying with others for best lottery odds
- Coyotes ink goalie Merrick Madsen to entry-level contract
- Arizona Coyotes to recall Dylan Strome; Jason Demers done for season
- Ekman-Larsson becomes 6th Swedish D-man to reach 100 goals
- Arizona Coyotes finish homestand with win over Mike Smith, Flames