As if Saturday’s game against UCLA couldn’t get any worse, Arizona had an injury to their starting quarterback.
Sophomore quarterback Anu Solomon left the game in the second quarter with an apparent head injury. Senior quarterback Jerrard Randall replaced Solomon.
Solomon did not return to the game to start the second half.
He was 4-for-10 with 55 yards and one touchdown before exiting. Solomon was able to get to get the ground game going before exiting, with 7 carries for 47 yards.
- Illinois hires former Arizona co-offensive coordinator Rod Smith
- In-state recruiting to heat up between Arizona, Arizona State
- No. 14 Arizona overcomes slow start, runs past Cal
- ‘It’s a historical day’: UA introduces first African-American head football coach
- The 5: Notable quotes from Kevin Sumlin’s introduction at Arizona