As if Saturday’s game against UCLA couldn’t get any worse, Arizona had an injury to their starting quarterback.
Sophomore quarterback Anu Solomon left the game in the second quarter with an apparent head injury. Senior quarterback Jerrard Randall replaced Solomon.
Solomon did not return to the game to start the second half.
He was 4-for-10 with 55 yards and one touchdown before exiting. Solomon was able to get to get the ground game going before exiting, with 7 carries for 47 yards.
- NL Wild Card tracker: D-backs fight for playoff positioning
- Dawkins’ six touchdowns lead Arizona past UTEP
- Back to School: A brief Q & A with Arizona Coyotes center Derek Stepan
- Report: Colts to start Jacoby Brissett at QB vs. Cardinals
- Brandon Dawkins remains Arizona football’s starting QB against UTEP