It wasn’t even a blowout in Philadelphia, but that didn’t stop the Miami Marlins from letting Ichiro get a chance to pitch before the end of the season.
The future Hall of Fame outfielder got a chance to finally show off his stuff on the mound. Ichiro was around 86-87 mph on his fastball and even showcased what looked like a slider and a changeup.
Ichiro went one inning, giving up two hits and one earned run.
While he was a Yankee, Ichiro expressed the desire to pitch before the end of his career.
- Rays’ Carlos Gomez is clearly not in the Fourth of July spirit
- Zack Greinke does it all in D-backs’ win over Marlins
- D-backs’ Robbie Ray re-found mechanics before, after oblique injury
- Diamondbacks starter Zack Godley taking things ‘one pitch at a time’
- Diamondbacks go full Miami Vice before heading to Marlins series