With the Arizona Coyotes’ season-opener officially less than a week away, the ‘Yotes are amping up the excitement.
As part of a campaign to “celebrate the unique DNA of hockey in Arizona,” the team has released a video that does just that.
“We might be surrounded by desert, but our blood runs ice cold,” the video says.
The Coyotes have only called Arizona home for 19 years, but as one of the NHL’s youngest organizations, the video celebrates that fans chose to call Arizona their team.
“This isn’t a logo, it’s a badge of honor. We weren’t born into this, we chose this, and that’s what makes us stronger,” the video says.
The marketing campaign is partly in response to critics who don’t think that hockey belongs in Arizona.
“Arizona is a great hockey market,” General Manager Don Maloney said in a press release. “We are very fortunate to have some of the most passionate fans in the entire NHL here in the Valley. It’s time for us to celebrate our uniqueness and show our pride for our team and our players.”
As part of the campaign, the Coyotes are inviting fans to use the hashtag #WeAreCoyotes.
“We’re a new breed and what makes us different, excites us. We are a pack apart,” the video says.
- The 5: Most thrilling debut seasons in Valley sports history
- Coyotes beat Montreal in nine-goal thriller for third win of season
- ‘Yotes GM John Chayka more worried about the process than the standings
- Hellebuyck’s 32 saves lead Jets over Arizona Coyotes
- Arizona Coyotes trade Louis Domingue to Tampa Bay Lightning