Welcome to the NHL, Max. We’re happy to have you.
Center Max Domi made his highly-anticipated debut in the Arizona Coyotes season opener against the Los Angeles Kings and he sure didn’t disappoint.
Late in the 1st period, Domi dished the puck to Oliver Ekman-Larsson who put it in the back of the net for the Coyotes second goal of the night against Jonathan Quick and the Kings. That dish gave Domi his first career point, but he wasn’t done yet.
Domi started off a two-goal 2nd period by getting a shot past Quick’s outstretched left hand.
Domi is the ninth Coyote to score in his debut — Tobias Rieder did for the ‘Yotes last season. And then there’s this:
Not a bad guy to follow in the footsteps of.
Domi was the 12th overall pick in 2013 and failed to make the team twice, spending time instead with the London Knights in the Ontario Hockey League. Last season he scored 32 goals, 70 assists and 102 points for the Knights.
- Chayka, other Coyotes connections make Athletic’s ‘Top 40 under 40’
- Arizona Coyotes starting goalie Antti Raanta out indefinitely
- Arizona Coyotes’ 2nd straight loss wasn’t for lack of effort vs. Sharks
- Arizona Coyotes forward Vinnie Hinostroza placed on injured reserve
- Arizona Coyotes recall forward Michael Bunting from AHL Tucson