Welcome to the NHL, Max. We’re happy to have you.
Center Max Domi made his highly-anticipated debut in the Arizona Coyotes season opener against the Los Angeles Kings and he sure didn’t disappoint.
Late in the 1st period, Domi dished the puck to Oliver Ekman-Larsson who put it in the back of the net for the Coyotes second goal of the night against Jonathan Quick and the Kings. That dish gave Domi his first career point, but he wasn’t done yet.
Domi started off a two-goal 2nd period by getting a shot past Quick’s outstretched left hand.
Domi is the ninth Coyote to score in his debut — Tobias Rieder did for the ‘Yotes last season. And then there’s this:
Not a bad guy to follow in the footsteps of.
Domi was the 12th overall pick in 2013 and failed to make the team twice, spending time instead with the London Knights in the Ontario Hockey League. Last season he scored 32 goals, 70 assists and 102 points for the Knights.
- Battle for the bottom: Coyotes, Sabres vying with others for best lottery odds
- Coyotes ink goalie Merrick Madsen to entry-level contract
- Arizona Coyotes to recall Dylan Strome; Jason Demers done for season
- Ekman-Larsson becomes 6th Swedish D-man to reach 100 goals
- Arizona Coyotes finish homestand with win over Mike Smith, Flames