Welcome to the NHL, Max. We’re happy to have you.
Center Max Domi made his highly-anticipated debut in the Arizona Coyotes season opener against the Los Angeles Kings and he sure didn’t disappoint.
Late in the 1st period, Domi dished the puck to Oliver Ekman-Larsson who put it in the back of the net for the Coyotes second goal of the night against Jonathan Quick and the Kings. That dish gave Domi his first career point, but he wasn’t done yet.
Domi started off a two-goal 2nd period by getting a shot past Quick’s outstretched left hand.
Domi is the ninth Coyote to score in his debut — Tobias Rieder did for the ‘Yotes last season. And then there’s this:
Not a bad guy to follow in the footsteps of.
Domi was the 12th overall pick in 2013 and failed to make the team twice, spending time instead with the London Knights in the Ontario Hockey League. Last season he scored 32 goals, 70 assists and 102 points for the Knights.
- 2018 NHL Draft prediction tracker: Players to watch at No. 5 for Coyotes
- Coyotes GM John Chayka: Report about Phil Kessel is ‘inaccurate’
- Coyotes to open 2018-19 season at Stars, debut new jerseys vs. Ducks
- My so-called vacation: How the Coyotes were remade in one month
- Report: Financial burden makes Phil Kessel to Coyotes highly unlikely