Welcome to the NHL, Max. We’re happy to have you.
Center Max Domi made his highly-anticipated debut in the Arizona Coyotes season opener against the Los Angeles Kings and he sure didn’t disappoint.
Late in the 1st period, Domi dished the puck to Oliver Ekman-Larsson who put it in the back of the net for the Coyotes second goal of the night against Jonathan Quick and the Kings. That dish gave Domi his first career point, but he wasn’t done yet.
Domi started off a two-goal 2nd period by getting a shot past Quick’s outstretched left hand.
Domi is the ninth Coyote to score in his debut — Tobias Rieder did for the ‘Yotes last season. And then there’s this:
Not a bad guy to follow in the footsteps of.
Domi was the 12th overall pick in 2013 and failed to make the team twice, spending time instead with the London Knights in the Ontario Hockey League. Last season he scored 32 goals, 70 assists and 102 points for the Knights.
- Arizona Coyotes see lots of special teams in preseason win over Kings
- Coyotes launch ticket initiative to benefit nonprofit organizations
- Player poll from TSN has Arizona Coyotes making playoffs
- For Coyotes, a step forward could begin with Antti Raanta’s adjustments
- Defensive wrinkles leave Arizona Coyotes with decisions to make