It’s not unusual for star players to take a night off during the preseason, but the question is, what do they do during those games?
If you’re Ryan Kesler of the Anaheim Ducks, apparently you dress up as a middle-aged fan and sit in the stands.
The Ducks posted this video on their social media channels Friday, showing Kesler sporting a fake belly and bad wig to walk around and surprise fans during a preseason game against the Los Angeles Kings.
It was part of a promotion where players not in the lineup took on jobs around Honda Center and Kesler lucked out with the job of fan while teammate Corey Perry was stuck pouring beers.
Kesler walked around the arena, cheering on his team, talking to fans and even giving poor Perry a hard time at the concession stand.
Best part of this video has to be the looks on the faces of the young fans when Kesler reveals his identity by signing something for them.
- Coyotes’ 5 goals not enough in overtime loss to San Jose
- Coyotes and Sharks combine for 6 goals in wild first period
- Ryan Kesler featured as an office ‘instigator’ in latest Ducks’ video
- Coyotes hope Duclair trade can trigger reversal of fortunes
- Coyotes midseason report: Chayka sees hope despite dreary start