Arizona State football players Jayme Otomewo and Deonte Reynolds were arrested on one charge each of second-degree burglary. They were booked at the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office Sunday.
A short statement from Arizona State University confirmed that the two players have been dismissed from the team.
Otomewo is a redshirt sophomore safety from Los Angeles. He did not see action in any of the Sun Devils’ 12 games this season.
Reynolds, a junior defensive tackle from Pinole, Calif., was part of ASU’s 2015 recruiting class. He played one season at Contra Costa College and was considered the ninth-best junior college defensive tackle in the class by 247Sports.com.
Reynolds was redshirting this season.
The Sun Devils (6-6) are preparing for their matchup against West Virginia in the Motel 6 Cactus Bowl Jan. 2 at Chase Field in downtown Phoenix.
- On heels of bowl loss, Arizona State players optimistic
- Hardly anyone is picking ASU over Fresno State in the Las Vegas Bowl
- Underdog ASU faces balanced Fresno State in the Las Vegas Bowl
- ASU’s Merlin Robertson named to USA Today Freshman All-America team
- N’Keal Harry’s bowl decision is a cue college football should take from