DENVER — Mikkel Boedker scored at 4:17 of overtime and Anders Lindback stopped 38 shots, helping the Arizona Coyotes beat the Colorado Avalanche 2-1 on Sunday night.
Boedker corralled a loose puck at his own blue line and skated in all alone on Semyon Varlamov, lifting a shot over the stick of the Colorado goalie.
Arizona was a little sluggish early in the game after losing in overtime to Los Angeles the night before. But the Coyotes came on strong in the third with Michael Stone tying the game on a wrist shot.
Jarome Iginla scored his 599th career goal on a power play in the first period. He’s one away from becoming the 19th NHL player to reach the 600-goal mark, a milestone he can reach Monday when the Avalanche travel to San Jose.
- Coyotes, Niklas Hjalmarsson agree on contract extension
- Coyotes add defense, swap draft picks on Day 2 of NHL Draft
- Arizona Coyotes select Kevin Bahl in second round of NHL Draft
- Coyotes GM Chayka strays outside box again, selects center Barrett Hayton
- Arizona Coyotes select center Barrett Hayton fifth overall in NHL Draft