The Arizona Wildcats saw their home winning streak end at 49 with an 83-75 loss to the Oregon Ducks last Thursday, and though they rebounded with an 80-63 win over Oregon State on Saturday, the team still fell in the national polls.
Arizona (17-5, 5-4 in Pac-12) is 23rd in the Associated Press Poll, a drop from the No. 18 ranking they held last week. In the USA Today Coaches Poll, the Wildcats dropped from 15th to 20th.
Sitting at sixth place in the Pac-12, the Wildcats will hit the road this week to face Washington State on Wednesday and Washington Saturday. Arizona beat both teams earlier in the season at the McKale Center in Tucson, notching a 99-67 victory over the Huskies and a 90-66 win over the Cougars.
- D-backs recall right-hander Matt Koch, option Braden Shipley
- MLB umpires wear wristbands to protest ‘abusive’ treatment
- Greinke, D-backs bats stymied in shutout loss to Twins
- Arizona basketball cancels Spain exhibition game after Barcelona attack
- Arizona’s Trier dunks on defender, pulls out the Iverson step-over