LAS CRUCES, N.M. — Pascal Siakam had 17 points and 16 rebounds and New Mexico State beat Grand Canyon 70-50 on Thursday night for its sixth straight win in a showdown for first place in the Western Athletic Conference.
Siakam was 7 of 11 from the field and has only missed a double-double in three games for the Aggies (15-8, 7-1) this season. Ian Baker added 13 points and Johnathon Wilkins had 12 as NMSU made 27 of 50 shots for 54 percent while outrebounding the Antelopes 44-26.
The Aggies increased a five-point halftime lead to double figures with 12:40 left and an 8-0 run made it a 21-point advantage with 4:30 remaining.
DeWayne Russell and Joshua Braun had 12 points each for Grand Canyon (19-4, 6-2), which shot under 30 percent and has lost its last two games after winning 12 in a row. Grand Canyon beat NMSU 79-75 on Jan. 9 to snap the Aggies’ 14-game conference win streak.
- GCU basketball’s Alessandro Lever, Joshua Braun make All-WAC teams
- Thoughts from Newsmakers Week, Day 3: Majerle and Anderson in studio
- Josh Braun sparks Grand Canyon’s rout of Chicago State
- Lofton helps New Mexico State pull away from Grand Canyon
- Keonta Vernon finishes with 19 points as GCU beats Grambling State