Carson Palmer had a sensational season and he was awarded for it by being named the FedEx Air Player of the Year.
Palmer threw for 4,671 yards this season and 35 touchdowns, both franchise records. His 104.6 passer rating was third in the NFL and also set a new franchise record.
The Cardinals set a franchise record for points, touchdowns, wins, first downs, total yards, games scoring 30+ points and games won by 10+ points, all of which would not have been possible without the play of Palmer.
Adrian Peterson was named the FedEx Ground Player of the Year
The finalists alongside Palmer were Tom Brady of the New England Patriots and Drew Brees of the New Orleans Saints.
FedEx is donating $25,000 to each winner’s local market of the American Red Cross.
Previous winners of the award include Aaron Rodgers of the Green Bay Packers in 2014 and Peyton Manning of the Denver Broncos in 2013.
- Carson Chats: Cardinals QB says ‘It’s a luxury’ playing with Adrian Peterson
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: In London, Cardinals prepare for Rams
- The Consensus Week 7: Cardinals make significant jump
- Cardinals’ Adrian Peterson named NFC Offensive Player of the Week
- Arizona Sports Fantasy Football Host League: Week 6 recap