The final day of the 2016 Waste Management Phoenix Open at TPC Scottsdale was the cherry on top of a record-setting weekend.
Sunday’s crowd of 65,330 people pushed the total to a record 618,365 people, shattering the previous mark of 564,368 set last year.
The event broke its own record Saturday at 201,003 after drawing a Friday-record 160,415.
Hideki Matsuyama defeated Rickie Fowler in a four-hole playoff to win the tournament.
- Hideki Matsuyama wins Phoenix Open playoff again
- Matt Kuchar shoots 7-under 64 to take Phoenix Open lead
- James Hahn takes Waste Management Phoenix Open lead
- Ricky Fowler, Shane Lowry and Hideki Matsuyama share Waste Management Phoenix Open lead
- Rickie Fowler is the luckiest golfer at the BMW Championship