The Arizona Wildcats took to the road and beat Washington State 79-64 and Washington 77-72, and because of it have moved up in the national polls.
Arizona (19-5, 7-4 in Pac-12) rose to 17th in the Associated Press Poll and 14th in the USA Today Coaches Poll Monday. Last week they were 23rd and 20th, respectively.
Besides the victories, it was a good weekend for the Wildcats as they welcomed freshman Allonzo Trier back to the lineup after he missed four weeks with a broken hand. The guard played in Saturday’s win over the Huskies, scoring seven points in 16 minutes of play.
But while getting Trier back was good, it was senior forward Ryan Anderson who led the way for the Wildcats, as he averaged 26.5 points and 13.5 rebounds in the pair of victories.
The Wildcats will return home this week to face UCLA Friday and USC Sunday.
- D-backs recall right-hander Matt Koch, option Braden Shipley
- MLB umpires wear wristbands to protest ‘abusive’ treatment
- Greinke, D-backs bats stymied in shutout loss to Twins
- Arizona basketball cancels Spain exhibition game after Barcelona attack
- After Josh Rosen’s remarks, Sun Devils admit to student-athlete challenges