Devin Booker has been a bright spot for the Phoenix Suns during what has otherwise been a very dark season.
But as great as the rookie has been, it’s important to remember that he is still, in fact, a rookie.
So while the 19-year-old may be averaging 10.6 points per game, is making 41 percent of his 3-point attempts this season and is preparing to compete in the 3-point Shootout during NBA All-Star Weekend, his teammates made sure to remind him of his first-year status.
And the best way to do that, apparently, was to fill Booker’s car with packing popcorn.
A classic prank, and one that Booker seemed to take in stride.
Booker and the Suns will take the court again Wednesday evening for a home game against the Golden State Warriors. Tipoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. and the game can be heard on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM.
- Report: Suns to sign Iowa product Peter Jok for training camp
- For the Suns, the Kyrie Irving-Isaiah Thomas trade provides an ironic twist
- Suns’ Josh Jackson voted top defender by 2017 draft class
- Get it? During eclipse, other NBA teams block out the Suns
- ESPN says the Phoenix Suns will finish last in the Western Conference