Devin Booker will be doing more than just shoot 3-pointers during NBA All-Star Weekend.
He’ll be playing in a game, too.
Booker will take Nerlens Noel’s place in the BBVA Compass Rising Stars Challenge, which will be played Friday night at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto.
The 13th pick in the 2015 draft out of Kentucky, Booker is averaging 10.6 points, 2.2 rebounds and 1.8 assists per game. In 23 starts, Booker has averaged 15.2 points, 3 rebounds and 2.7 assists.
Booker was already set to take part in the NBA’s 3-point shootout, which will be Saturday night.
The Suns enter the All-Star break with a 14-40 record. They have lost 24 of their last 26 games.
- Report: Suns to sign Iowa product Peter Jok for training camp
- For the Suns, the Kyrie Irving-Isaiah Thomas trade provides an ironic twist
- Suns’ Josh Jackson voted top defender by 2017 draft class
- Get it? During eclipse, other NBA teams block out the Suns
- ESPN says the Phoenix Suns will finish last in the Western Conference