Devin Booker will be doing more than just shoot 3-pointers during NBA All-Star Weekend.
He’ll be playing in a game, too.
Booker will take Nerlens Noel’s place in the BBVA Compass Rising Stars Challenge, which will be played Friday night at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto.
The 13th pick in the 2015 draft out of Kentucky, Booker is averaging 10.6 points, 2.2 rebounds and 1.8 assists per game. In 23 starts, Booker has averaged 15.2 points, 3 rebounds and 2.7 assists.
Booker was already set to take part in the NBA’s 3-point shootout, which will be Saturday night.
The Suns enter the All-Star break with a 14-40 record. They have lost 24 of their last 26 games.
- Suns struggle in crunch time, drop fourth straight in loss to Kings
- Phoenix Suns adjusting to life without Devin Booker
- Suns’ Josh Jackson: Good for Arizona State, Kansas will improve
- Suns Strokes: Suns fall short against depleted Spurs
- Suns add House as life without Booker begins; Ulis’ game evolves