Devin Booker will be doing more than just shoot 3-pointers during NBA All-Star Weekend.
He’ll be playing in a game, too.
Booker will take Nerlens Noel’s place in the BBVA Compass Rising Stars Challenge, which will be played Friday night at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto.
The 13th pick in the 2015 draft out of Kentucky, Booker is averaging 10.6 points, 2.2 rebounds and 1.8 assists per game. In 23 starts, Booker has averaged 15.2 points, 3 rebounds and 2.7 assists.
Booker was already set to take part in the NBA’s 3-point shootout, which will be Saturday night.
The Suns enter the All-Star break with a 14-40 record. They have lost 24 of their last 26 games.
- Suns fans tell 98.7 FM who they want at No. 1 overall in NBA Draft
- Prospect Luka Doncic wins Spanish ACB title, expected to attend NBA Draft
- ESPN’s Givony on Suns’ choice: ‘It’s going to be Deandre Ayton’
- Empire of the Suns NBA Draft Big Board: Trading up, Nos. 16, 31
- Arizona Sports 2018 NBA Mock Draft Tracker