Devin Booker will be doing more than just shoot 3-pointers during NBA All-Star Weekend.
He’ll be playing in a game, too.
Booker will take Nerlens Noel’s place in the BBVA Compass Rising Stars Challenge, which will be played Friday night at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto.
The 13th pick in the 2015 draft out of Kentucky, Booker is averaging 10.6 points, 2.2 rebounds and 1.8 assists per game. In 23 starts, Booker has averaged 15.2 points, 3 rebounds and 2.7 assists.
Booker was already set to take part in the NBA’s 3-point shootout, which will be Saturday night.
The Suns enter the All-Star break with a 14-40 record. They have lost 24 of their last 26 games.
- Jackson, young players set to tip off Suns’ season against Portland
- Suns’ ‘The Sole of PHX’ sneaker art celebrates hoops in the desert
- Suns owner Robert Sarver explains his expectations for the timeline
- Suns honor Connie Hawkins with opening night throwback jerseys
- The 5: Key stats the Suns must improve upon in 2017-18