The winner of the Arizona Sports Character Counts $10,000 scholarship courtesy of Parker & Sons Heating, Cooling & Plumbing is Madison O’ Neal!
O’Neal, announced as the winner on Feb. 12, held a 4.0 GPA in high school while playing softball, badminton and being a member of the National Honor Society, Math Club, Spanish National Honor Society and Junior ROTC.
She started a non-profit called Bringing Athletes Sports Equipment, better known as BASE. The intention of the non-profit is to help kids acquire sports equipment they are not able to afford.
O’Neal is currently going to school at Yale University.
- Horizon's Kody Huff more than a rising baseball star
- Campo Verde's Kanani Hiapo thrives on volleyball court, in the classroom
- Raymond S. Kellis sophomore Chase Weaver balances leadership roles in sports, church
- Westwood's Brianna Anderson makes big differences with little actions
- Marcos de Niza kicker Krysten Muir using football success to build up others
- Arcadia High School's Grant Loftin leads in lacrosse and beyond
- Williams Field High School junior Lindsay O'Driscoll finds time to help others
- Scottsdale Christian's Christina Clark has dreams, reality of helping others
- Golf, piloting and helping others are Brody Burnell's passions
- Teddy bear drive, speeches help Emery Miller inspire children to overcome adversity
- Adidas turns a young fan’s drawings into a real uniform
- Cubs’ Willson Contreras meets fan with down syndrome on fan’s birthday
- Arizona Sports’ 2017 NBA Mock Draft Tracker
- Richard Sherman comes through in giving away a college scholarship
- Titans GM won’t be denied in bidding for art his diabetic daughter helped create