The winner of the Arizona Sports Character Counts $10,000 scholarship courtesy of Parker & Sons Heating, Cooling & Plumbing is Madison O’ Neal!
O’Neal, announced as the winner on Feb. 12, held a 4.0 GPA in high school while playing softball, badminton and being a member of the National Honor Society, Math Club, Spanish National Honor Society and Junior ROTC.
She started a non-profit called Bringing Athletes Sports Equipment, better known as BASE. The intention of the non-profit is to help kids acquire sports equipment they are not able to afford.
O’Neal is currently going to school at Yale University.
- Houston Texans’ JJ Watt donates $10K to family of fallen firefighter
- Washington rookie RB Derrius Guice surprises mom with new ride
- 49ers’ Marquise Goodwin surprises mother, sister with new home
- Nets’ Allen Crabbe saves former school with large donation
- Orioles honor Maryland newspaper shooting victims with touching tribute