FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (AP) — Ako Kaluna scored 17 points with nine rebounds and Northern Arizona built a big second half lead and cruised past Idaho State 81-68 on Thursday night.
Kaluna was 6 of 8 from the field as the Lumberjacks (5-20, 3-11 Big Sky) shot over 47 percent. Torry Johnson scored 16 points, Kris Yanku had 14 points with nine assists and Marcus DeBerry added 10 points.
Kaluna hit a 3-pointer midway through the first half to give Northern Arizona a lead it never relinquished. Idaho State got as close as five with 12:48 left after a Geno Luzcando free throw, but the Lumberjacks pushed their lead back to 16 on Johnson’s dunk with 7:45 to go and the Bengals never caught up.
Luzcando led Idaho State (13-12, 8-5) with 23 points. Ethan Telfair scored 12 points despite shooting 2 of 11.
- Cardinals sign DL Anau to practice squad after releasing LB Dora
- NAU announces 2017 will be coach Souers’ last year at the helm
- Arizona does two things: Dry heat and mascot facial hair!
- Arizona Wildcats roll over Northern Arizona in opener
- Arizona football’s youth gets its first test against Northern Arizona