FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (AP) — Jeremy Senglin scored 22 points and Big Sky Conference leader Weber State, missing double-double machine Joel Bolomboy, edged Northern Arizona 77-74 on Saturday for its 20th victory.
Bolomboy, who averages 18 points and 13 rebounds and scored a career-high 34 points in a victory Thursday, played only seven minutes before leaving with a knee injury. Senglin was 8-of-13 shooting, including five 3-pointers for the Wildcats (20-7, 12-2). Kyndahl Hill added 19 points with eight rebounds.
The Lumberjacks (5-21, 3-12) trailed by 10 with four minutes left but were down just two after Kris Yanku’s two free throws with 17 seconds left. NAU regained possession after a review on a turnover. But Ako Kaluna air-balled a tough 3-point attempt and, after Ben Richardson added a Wildcats free throw, Yanku air-balled a contested shot.
Kaluna finished with 22 points and 10 rebounds. Torry Johnson added 18 points and Yanku 12.
- Thomas’ double-double helps NAU defeat San Diego Christian
- Northern Arizona has first 0-7 start to a season in over 60 years
- ASU dismantles NAU behind Romello White’s big night
- Northern Arizona’s defense fights off Sacramento State in winning effort
- Cardinals sign DL Anau to practice squad after releasing LB Dora