FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (AP) — Jeremy Senglin scored 22 points and Big Sky Conference leader Weber State, missing double-double machine Joel Bolomboy, edged Northern Arizona 77-74 on Saturday for its 20th victory.
Bolomboy, who averages 18 points and 13 rebounds and scored a career-high 34 points in a victory Thursday, played only seven minutes before leaving with a knee injury. Senglin was 8-of-13 shooting, including five 3-pointers for the Wildcats (20-7, 12-2). Kyndahl Hill added 19 points with eight rebounds.
The Lumberjacks (5-21, 3-12) trailed by 10 with four minutes left but were down just two after Kris Yanku’s two free throws with 17 seconds left. NAU regained possession after a review on a turnover. But Ako Kaluna air-balled a tough 3-point attempt and, after Ben Richardson added a Wildcats free throw, Yanku air-balled a contested shot.
Kaluna finished with 22 points and 10 rebounds. Torry Johnson added 18 points and Yanku 12.
- Cardinals sign DL Anau to practice squad after releasing LB Dora
- NAU announces 2017 will be coach Souers’ last year at the helm
- Arizona does two things: Dry heat and mascot facial hair!
- Arizona Wildcats roll over Northern Arizona in opener
- Arizona football’s youth gets its first test against Northern Arizona