Riding a six-game winning streak that most recently includes a 99-61 drubbing of in-state rival Arizona State, the University of Arizona Wildcats mens basketball team has once again risen in the national polls.
Arizona, which is 10-4 in the Pac-12 and 22-5 overall, ranked ninth in the latest Associated Press Poll and 10th in the USA Today Coaches Poll.
Last week the Wildcats were 12th in both polls.
Arizona is led by senior Ryan Anderson, whose 15.8 points and 10.2 rebounds per game pace the team in each category. He is supported by freshman Allonzo Trier, who is chipping in 14.8 points per game, as well as seniors Gabe York (14.7 points) and Kaleb Tarczewski (9.5 points, 9.0 rebounds).
This week the Wildcats will hit the road for the final time this season for a game against Colorado on Wednesday night and Utah on Saturday afternoon.
- Arizona basketball earns commitment from Cornell transfer Stone Gettings
- UA’s Allonzo Trier, Rawle Alkins conclude first NBA Summer League
- Allonzo Trier believes he belongs in the NBA, gets a shot with Knicks
- Former ASU, UA players land on NBA Summer League rosters
- Top plays with Arizona ties from the 2017 college football season