Arizona State had a tough task this season with only nine scholarship players and now that number is down to eight.
Spight, in his first season with the Sun Devils after transferring from South Plains College in Texas, averaged 6.6 points per game in 27 games.
The junior was playing 19.5 minutes per game off the bench behind sophomore Tra Holder and senior Gerry Blakes. Sophomore Kodi Justice was ahead of Spight in the rotation off the bench, playing 23.9 minutes per game.
The future of the guard position is crowded for the Sun Devils, with Holder, Justice and Buffalo transfer Shannon Evans entering the 2016-17 season as juniors.
- The 5: Bobby Hurley’s five losses against rival Arizona
- Arizona State’s Kodi Justice starts fast against UCLA, finishes strong
- ASU men’s basketball still searching for elusive conference sweep
- Evans leads No. 25 Arizona State over Washington State
- ASU seeking a sweep in Washington as second half of Pac-12 play starts