For a kid, there are few things quite like wearing a replica jersey of your favorite player.
For five-year-old Murtaza Ahmadi, of Afghanistan, that meant donning FC Barcelona star Lionel Messi’s No. 10.
Ahmadi earned attention when he was spotted wearing a Messi jersey that was made up of a plastic bag and drawn on to look similar to the real thing.
According to SportsIllustrated.com, at the time Ahmadi, who said he loved soccer as well as Messi, planned on meeting the star one day.
Well, it does not look like he has met his favorite player, but Messi did send Ahmadi an autographed Barcelona jersey along with an Argentina national team jersey and a signed soccer ball.
This may seem like a small gesture from a megastar, but no doubt Messi’s gift brightened the world for one of his youngest fans.
- Hamilton football’s Hunter Mayginnes poised for next level
- Arizona State linebacker Koron Crump granted extra year of eligibility
- Rich Rodriguez’s attorneys prepping to sue accuser for attempted extortion
- Former Arizona football coach Rich Rodriguez: By the numbers
- Arizona State’s JoJo Wicker declares for 2018 NFL Draft