For a kid, there are few things quite like wearing a replica jersey of your favorite player.
For five-year-old Murtaza Ahmadi, of Afghanistan, that meant donning FC Barcelona star Lionel Messi’s No. 10.
Ahmadi earned attention when he was spotted wearing a Messi jersey that was made up of a plastic bag and drawn on to look similar to the real thing.
According to SportsIllustrated.com, at the time Ahmadi, who said he loved soccer as well as Messi, planned on meeting the star one day.
Well, it does not look like he has met his favorite player, but Messi did send Ahmadi an autographed Barcelona jersey along with an Argentina national team jersey and a signed soccer ball.
This may seem like a small gesture from a megastar, but no doubt Messi’s gift brightened the world for one of his youngest fans.
- In no time, Queen Creek’s Casteel High becomes dominant football program
- After Montana outcry derailed career, Phoenix College coach Pflugrad looks for second chance
- ASU’s defensive backs face first real test on the road against Texas Tech
- ASU’s Graham talks accountability for players, fans, himself
- NAU announces 2017 will be coach Souers’ last year at the helm