SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — The Diamondbacks put a competitive twist on bunting practice Thursday, as their pitchers battled it out for bunting bragging rights.
Broken into four teams led by captains Daniel Hudson, Brad Ziegler, Zack Greinke and Rubby De La Rosa, the D-backs pitchers went head to head to see which team had the best bunters. In a ninth inning comeback, Team Greinke pulled through to win it all.
Cronkite News reporter Meghan Kuebler caught up with Archie Bradley and Jake Barrett to get their takes on the competition.
- D-backs’ Iannetta uses winery to help wildfire first responders
- Report: Tigers to hire D-backs’ Ron Gardenhire as next manager
- The agony of defeat: Worst losses in Arizona sports
- Former exec Tony La Russa leaves analyst position with D-backs
- Keith Law: D-backs’ Yoan Lopez shows flashes in Arizona Fall League