SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — The Diamondbacks put a competitive twist on bunting practice Thursday, as their pitchers battled it out for bunting bragging rights.
Broken into four teams led by captains Daniel Hudson, Brad Ziegler, Zack Greinke and Rubby De La Rosa, the D-backs pitchers went head to head to see which team had the best bunters. In a ninth inning comeback, Team Greinke pulled through to win it all.
Cronkite News reporter Meghan Kuebler caught up with Archie Bradley and Jake Barrett to get their takes on the competition.
- Steven Souza Jr. a familiar face to his new Diamondbacks teammates
- Spring training preview: Marotta and Doug talk D-backs
- D-backs’ Steven Souza trade changes infield and outfield depth dynamics
- D-backs’ new OF Steven Souza will wear J.D. Martinez’s old No. 28
- Rays beat writer on Steven Souza: Made big strides in 2017 as hitter