SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — The Diamondbacks put a competitive twist on bunting practice Thursday, as their pitchers battled it out for bunting bragging rights.
Broken into four teams led by captains Daniel Hudson, Brad Ziegler, Zack Greinke and Rubby De La Rosa, the D-backs pitchers went head to head to see which team had the best bunters. In a ninth inning comeback, Team Greinke pulled through to win it all.
Cronkite News reporter Meghan Kuebler caught up with Archie Bradley and Jake Barrett to get their takes on the competition.
- D-backs’ Souza Jr. takes casual stroll on Chase Field concourse
- D-backs Farm Rumblings: A combined no-no and a torrid Socrates Brito
- From the D-backs’ POV: How the ninth inning unraveled in loss to Mets
- D-backs waste another solid start from Buchholz, split series with Mets
- Diamondbacks trade Sedona Red for blue in honor of Father’s Day