SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — The Diamondbacks put a competitive twist on bunting practice Thursday, as their pitchers battled it out for bunting bragging rights.
Broken into four teams led by captains Daniel Hudson, Brad Ziegler, Zack Greinke and Rubby De La Rosa, the D-backs pitchers went head to head to see which team had the best bunters. In a ninth inning comeback, Team Greinke pulled through to win it all.
Cronkite News reporter Meghan Kuebler caught up with Archie Bradley and Jake Barrett to get their takes on the competition.
- Patrick Corbin throws another gem, D-backs beat Mets
- ESPN Insider: D-backs’ Goldschmidt has second-best hit tools in baseball
- D-backs put Mathis on disabled list, make three other roster moves
- ESPN Insider: Martinez trade should not affect D-backs’ outfield defense
- Trivia Tuesday: Most starts in D-backs’ history