Phoenix Suns officially waived forward Kris Humphries Sunday. The veteran was part of the Markieff Morris trade to the Washington Wizards.
Humphries averaged 7.3 points and 8.0 rebounds per game in his four games with the Suns. In his Phoenix debut, Humphries scored 18 points and grabbed 12 rebounds in a 116-100 loss to the Houston Rockets on Feb. 19.
A first-round pick in 2004, Humphries has played for seven NBA teams in his 11 seasons. He is averaging 6.9 points and 5.6 rebounds per game in his career.
After dealing Morris and cutting ties with DeJuan Blair and Humphries, the Suns have two power forwards remaining on the roster. Jon Leuer has started 23 games while Mirza Teletovic has had a great February, averaging 16.7 points per game in the month.
- Jackson, young players set to tip off Suns’ season against Portland
- Suns honor Connie Hawkins with opening night throwback jerseys
- Suns’ G-League affiliate NAZ Suns show off new look
- Empire of the Suns’ 2017-18 NBA season predictions
- Australian players intrigued to see how they match up against Suns