One of the top pass rushers in the upcoming NFL Draft looks awfully familiar to a current Arizona Cardinal.
Not only are the two carbon copies from a physical standpoint, DeForest Buckner nearly replicated Calais Campbell’s college stats. It’s important to note though, that Buckner played college ball all four years, while Campbell left for the draft after three.
Campbell collected 19.5 sacks and 39 total tackles for a loss in his collegiate career. Buckner had 18 sacks and 36 tackles for a loss. The Oregon prospect also produced a 10.5 sack season in his final year at Oregon, a feat that Campbell also accomplished in his second season at Miami (FL).
Arizona drafted Campbell with the No. 50 pick of the second round back in 2008. According to ESPN’s Mel Kiper, Jr.’s recent mock draft, Buckner is projected to go third overall to the San Diego Chargers.
The NFL Draft begins April 28 at the Auditorium Theater in Chicago.
- Cowboys collectively take knee before anthem, Cardinals lock arms during
- Arizona Cardinals WR J.J. Nelson, TE Jermaine Gresham active vs. Dallas
- Cardinals QB Palmer latest bucket challenge loser with unicorn outfit
- Report: Packers sign tackle Ulrick John from Cardinals’ practice squad
- Cardinals release LB Wheeler, promote TE Seals-Jones to active roster