One of the top pass rushers in the upcoming NFL Draft looks awfully familiar to a current Arizona Cardinal.
Not only are the two carbon copies from a physical standpoint, DeForest Buckner nearly replicated Calais Campbell’s college stats. It’s important to note though, that Buckner played college ball all four years, while Campbell left for the draft after three.
Campbell collected 19.5 sacks and 39 total tackles for a loss in his collegiate career. Buckner had 18 sacks and 36 tackles for a loss. The Oregon prospect also produced a 10.5 sack season in his final year at Oregon, a feat that Campbell also accomplished in his second season at Miami (FL).
Arizona drafted Campbell with the No. 50 pick of the second round back in 2008. According to ESPN’s Mel Kiper, Jr.’s recent mock draft, Buckner is projected to go third overall to the San Diego Chargers.
The NFL Draft begins April 28 at the Auditorium Theater in Chicago.
- Former Cardinals DE Josh Mauro joins Giants
- The Cardinals’ quarterback options could be limited by 15th pick
- Cardinals reportedly interested in CB Robert McClain
- Report: Cardinals restricted free agent Xavier Williams visits with Chiefs
- Justin Pugh had to leave unlikely friendship to sign with Cardinals