One of the top pass rushers in the upcoming NFL Draft looks awfully familiar to a current Arizona Cardinal.
Not only are the two carbon copies from a physical standpoint, DeForest Buckner nearly replicated Calais Campbell’s college stats. It’s important to note though, that Buckner played college ball all four years, while Campbell left for the draft after three.
Campbell collected 19.5 sacks and 39 total tackles for a loss in his collegiate career. Buckner had 18 sacks and 36 tackles for a loss. The Oregon prospect also produced a 10.5 sack season in his final year at Oregon, a feat that Campbell also accomplished in his second season at Miami (FL).
Arizona drafted Campbell with the No. 50 pick of the second round back in 2008. According to ESPN’s Mel Kiper, Jr.’s recent mock draft, Buckner is projected to go third overall to the San Diego Chargers.
The NFL Draft begins April 28 at the Auditorium Theater in Chicago.
- David Johnson checks in to Cards camp still awaiting contract extension
- Cardinals OC Mike McCoy can help Josh Rosen find long-term success
- David Johnson, Josh Rosen highlight ESPN’s NFL 2021 predictions
- USA Today: Cardinals not expected to contend for playoffs in 2018-19
- Arizona Cardinals rank No. 41 in Forbes’ 2018 most valuable franchises