A couple years ago the Lehigh Valley IronPigs introduced us to their bacon-themed uniform set.
The look included bacon striping down the pants and a slice of bacon on the hat, and it made sense given the popularity of bacon and the fact that the team is called the IronPigs.
Well, now the Phillies’ Triple-A team has taken their food theme a different direction.
You may have noticed that there are two different hats in the tweet — one with onions and one without. The team is running a contest via its website for fans to vote on which they prefer. The winner will be the hat that is worn in June.
So, are you #TeamWit or #TeamWitout?
Of course, Philadelphia is known for its cheesesteaks, so the decision to go with this kind of promotion makes sense.
It also makes us hungry.
- NBA unveils ‘Earned Edition’ uniforms for 16 playoff teams
- Sun Devil Hockey reveals alternate black sweaters, gold sticks
- Suns to debut ‘Los Suns’ City Edition jerseys on Friday
- Inaugural uniform of AAF’s Arizona Hotshots revealed
- Coyotes’ Antti Raanta to sport custom Kachina pads with alternate jersey