The National Football League 2016 schedule isn’t supposed to be released until Thursday night, but of course, the Internet always has something to say about that.
In the first leak pertaining to the Arizona Cardinals — at least the first one that we’ve spotted — a beat writer for the New England Patriots suggested Tom Brady and the gang could be heading to the desert in Week 1.
While nothing will be confirmed until 5 p.m., it would bring a headliner start to the Cardinals’ season.
Not only would you have Brady squaring off against the No Fly Zone, but specifically Chandler Jones, who the Cardinals acquired from the Pats in an offseason trade.
With some saying the Cardinals are emerging as the new America’s Team, it’s easy to see why some speculated a matchup against the Patriots would be the league’s first Sunday night game of the season.
Like we said, nothing will be official until 5 p.m., but we’ve got our fingers crossed that this is one leak that turns out to be true.
- Cardinals activate $LB Deone Bucannon from PUP list
- Dealing Cards: Karlos Dansby to the rescue, John Brown’s health improves
- The 5: Best traits of Anquan Boldin the wide receiver
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Evaluating the Bears game
- Anquan Boldin on retiring: ‘There’s no better time than right now’