Hoops and sneakers go together like peanut butter and jelly, ketchup and mustard, salt and pepper.
Basketball fans take basketball shoes quite seriously, and usually the best players’ shoes gain the most attention (see Jordan, Michael). Warriors guard Steph Curry has probably done a lot of good things since he signed with Under Armour, but the release of his Curry 2 Lows set for Saturday isn’t off to a great.
But pictures of the white-on-white colorway of the kicks began circulating Thursday and by afternoon NBA Twitter had caught on to how, well, dad-like they look.
This led to jokes, the best of which we’ve compiled below. And yes, Crying Jordan made an appearance.
Steph’s brother Seth Curry doesn’t exactly agree.
- Suns dig deep, Booker shines in rare road win over Warriors
- Suns throw early punch, take lessons in eventual loss to Warriors
- Deandre Ayton sports Halloween-themed Pumas in Oklahoma City
- LeBron James makes it known he’s king of New York in return to MSG
- LeBron James leads team to competitive NBA All-Star win