The United States Men’s Basketball Olympic team will play in Group A for the 2016 Summer Olympics along with Australia, China, Venezuela, France and Serbia.
The United States will play China on Aug. 6, Venezuela on Aug. 8, Australia on Aug. 10, Serbia on Aug. 12 and France on Aug. 14.
Group B contains Argentina, Brazil, Lithuania, Nigeria, Spain and Croatia to round out the 12-country field.
The top four teams from each of the two groups will advance to the quarterfinals on Aug. 17, with the quarterfinals winners playing in the semifinals on Aug. 19 and the gold and bronze medal games played on Aug. 21.
United States head coach Mike Krzyzewski has a star-studded roster, led by Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Durant, Paul George and Kyrie Irving.
These All-Stars will be joined by Harrison Barnes, Jimmy Butler, DeMarcus Cousins, Draymond Green, Klay Thompson, DeAndre Jordan and Kyle Lowry.
The United States have a 75-1 record since Kryzyzewski was named head mentor of the USA National Team program in 2005. These victories include Olympic gold medals in 2008 and 2012, as well as FIBA World Cup titles in 2010 and 2014.
- Suns dig deep, Booker shines in rare road win over Warriors
- In Chandler buyout, Suns’ James Jones may be thinking in grandiose terms
- Devin Booker impresses Griffin, uses time at Team USA minicamp to learn
- Golden State’s Kevin Durant makes college dreams come true
- Phoenix Suns’ Devin Booker seeks first 3-point title