Tyler Ulis, the 5-foot-9 guard out of Kentucky, was the biggest player on the court in the Phoenix Suns’ 82-81 victory over the Denver Nuggets in the quarterfinals of summer league play.
The rookie swished the game-winning shot and added an exclamation point to his already outstanding summer performance.
Ulis scored 19 points on 7-of-19 shooting, but it was his final shot that sent a shock wave through the Twitter-verse.
In previous summer league contests, Ulis had demonstrated tremendous effort and efficiency, standing out as arguably one of the best players in Las Vegas.
The Suns will face off against the Minnesota Timberwolves in the semifinals on Sunday.
- Phoenix Suns’ Devin Booker wins NBA 3-Point Contest 2018
- Larry Nance Jr. pays tribute to father, former Suns player in dunk contest
- Thoughts from Newsmakers Week, Days 4 and 5: Keim, McDonough visit
- McDonough: Suns ready for the next step with Devin Booker
- Devin Booker makes large jump in The Ringer’s 2015 NBA Redraft