Tyler Ulis, the 5-foot-9 guard out of Kentucky, was the biggest player on the court in the Phoenix Suns’ 82-81 victory over the Denver Nuggets in the quarterfinals of summer league play.
The rookie swished the game-winning shot and added an exclamation point to his already outstanding summer performance.
Ulis scored 19 points on 7-of-19 shooting, but it was his final shot that sent a shock wave through the Twitter-verse.
In previous summer league contests, Ulis had demonstrated tremendous effort and efficiency, standing out as arguably one of the best players in Las Vegas.
The Suns will face off against the Minnesota Timberwolves in the semifinals on Sunday.
- Ryan McDonough: Overwhelming likelihood Suns keep No. 1 pick
- Looking at the 9 teams to go from an NBA Draft Lottery win to the playoffs
- Former Suns coach Jay Triano enjoyed his time in Phoenix ‘immensely’
- Suns fan Jesse Eisenberg meets NBA hero Dan Majerle on Bickley & Marotta
- The 5: Luka Doncic has mostly pluggable holes in his game