Tyler Ulis, the 5-foot-9 guard out of Kentucky, was the biggest player on the court in the Phoenix Suns’ 82-81 victory over the Denver Nuggets in the quarterfinals of summer league play.
The rookie swished the game-winning shot and added an exclamation point to his already outstanding summer performance.
Ulis scored 19 points on 7-of-19 shooting, but it was his final shot that sent a shock wave through the Twitter-verse.
In previous summer league contests, Ulis had demonstrated tremendous effort and efficiency, standing out as arguably one of the best players in Las Vegas.
The Suns will face off against the Minnesota Timberwolves in the semifinals on Sunday.
- 2014 NBA re-draft: Suns mostly did well with three picks in shallow class
- There’s a chance: Bovada gives Suns’ Booker slim odds of winning MVP
- It looks like Deandre Ayton drew a picture of himself dunking on Embiid
- Suns to open 2018-19 regular season against Doncic and the Mavericks
- Should Las Vegas take Devin Booker’s potential greatness more seriously?