Tyler Ulis, the 5-foot-9 guard out of Kentucky, was the biggest player on the court in the Phoenix Suns’ 82-81 victory over the Denver Nuggets in the quarterfinals of summer league play.
The rookie swished the game-winning shot and added an exclamation point to his already outstanding summer performance.
Ulis scored 19 points on 7-of-19 shooting, but it was his final shot that sent a shock wave through the Twitter-verse.
In previous summer league contests, Ulis had demonstrated tremendous effort and efficiency, standing out as arguably one of the best players in Las Vegas.
The Suns will face off against the Minnesota Timberwolves in the semifinals on Sunday.
- ‘Headband Book’ makes rare appearance for Suns in Booker’s return
- Can the Suns keep up their defensive success with Devin Booker’s return?
- Mavericks reportedly looking to trade PG Smith; Suns not interested
- Devin Booker pledges to donate $2.5 million to Suns Charities
- It’s not OK: Luka Doncic might be an All-Star and the Suns passed on him