PHOENIX — DeWanna Bonner hit four 3-pointers and finished with 33 points to help the Phoenix Mercury beat the San Antonio Stars 83-64 on Saturday night.
Bonner was 11 of 16 from the field and had eight rebounds. Lindsey Harding added a season-high 16 points on 6-of-9 shooting, and Alex Harden had 12 points for the Mercury (10-13) in her first career start.
Harding scored 11 points during an 18-6 run that gave Phoenix a 69-50 lead with 9 minutes to play.
Moriah Jefferson was 4 of 5 from 3-point range and scored 14 points for San Antonio (5-17). The Stars, ranked 12th in the AP WNBA power poll, have lost four in a row.
The Mercury’s Diana Taurasi was suspended for the game after picking up her seventh technical foul of the season Wednesday night in a victory over the Washington Mystics.
Ninth-ranked Phoenix shot 51 percent from the field and 57 percent (8 of 14) from 3-point range.
- Mercury guard Diana Taurasi makes All-WNBA First Team for 10th time
- Mercury can’t contain Sue Bird late, eliminated from playoffs by Storm
- Mercury set for Game 5 vs. Storm after becoming first to come back from 0-2
- Griner, Mercury fight back from 17-point deficit, force Game 5
- DeWanna Bonner leads Mercury to game 3 win with 18 first-half points